Herald Price Fahringer, Esq.
Herald Price Fahringer spent more than 50 years representing clients in a wide range of criminal and civil matters. He argued and/or briefed 15 cases in the Supreme Court of the United States. In addition, he argued or briefed over 400 cases in the federal Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits, as well as the high courts of California, Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island. Herald Fahringer also tried or argued cases in 25 states.
Herald Fahringer graduated from Pennsylvania State University where he was a member of the varsity boxing team. He attended law school at the State University of New York at Buffalo, where he won the New York State Moot Court Championship. He served in the United States Army in Korea in a heavy weapons company. Herald Fahringer passed away on February 12, 2015.
Herald Fahringer has frequently been recognized for excellence in the practice of criminal law and his contributions to the law. Awards he has received include:
- New York Criminal Bar Association Award for excellence and maintaining the profession’s highest standards;
- Thurgood Marshall Award, from the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, for outstanding contribution to the criminal law;
- Outstanding Practitioner Award, from the New York State Bar Association, Criminal Law Section;
- Charles F. Crimi Memorial Award, from the New York State Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section, for the outstanding practitioner of the year;
- Edward R. Finch Award, from the American Bar Association, for the best Law Day speech in the nation in 1997;
- Outstanding Professional Achievement Award, from the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Law;
- Distinguished Alumni Award, from Pennsylvania State University;
- Distinguished Alumni Award, from the State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Law;
- Legal Defense of Freedom of the Press Award, from the New York Press Club; and
- The Lifetime Achievement Award from Lawline.com for his years of providing quality Continuing Legal Education programs disseminated on television and over the Internet.